We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Sanitary Ball Valve presents a quarter-turn valve, hollow shaped, perforated, and pivoting ball. The outline of the sanitary ball valve aims at the flow control of liquids originating from different types of fluids.
If the sanitary ball valve aligns with the liquid flow strength, it opens and closes when pivoted by 90 degrees. The shape of the valve comprises spherical discs and when the port, as well as the middle hole, becomes aligned, it allows for the flow to happen.
The product provides a full-bore design, with extensive fluid flow, minimal pressure plunge, and used ideally for viscous solutions or fluids with particles.
Food, beverage, beauty chemical or pharmaceutical companies normally make use of the product. The uniqueness of the valve relies on the prevention of medium or fluid backflow in a line.
The opening and closing of the valve happen because of the existent flow strength and power of the medium.
It can only use the sanitary ball valve on clean and sterile surfaces. It is critical to allow for polished surfaces and only minimum radiuses allowed.
Some materials used included plastic and brass, but stainless steel remained the preferred choice during the use of a sanitary ball valve. Product operation can involve domestic use sometimes at the bathroom, camper or kitchen.
The valve can easily be closed during maintenance periods, especially if deep cleaning becomes needed.
The valve seems compatible with various types of chemical and domestic products aligned with sterile requirements.
The article below summarises the sanitary valve ball outlook, types available and recommended use thereof.
Types of Sanitary Ball Valves
The market presents various types of sanitary ball valves, and the list is below:
Sanitary Cavity Filled Ball Valve – Series Simple SV-2CC series
The characteristics of the product include the following:
- It presents a non-retention action and prevents the keeping of fluids after a medium flow.
- The pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries prefer to make use of the valve.
Sanitary Full Port Ball Valve – Series Simple SV-2FC
The characteristics of the valve shows that it is a tri-clamp and normally used by the food, beverage processing, brewing, oil refinery, pharmaceutical or chemical industries. The product became optimised for sticky and particulate fluids with a medium flow.
Sanitary Full Encapsulated Ball Valve – Series Simple SV-2EBC
The valve presents a condensed seat PTFE seat normally used by the food, beverage, brewing, oil refinery, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries using medium flow liquids. The valve operates extensively well with sanitary requirements and presents a zero-residue outcome.
Sanitary Butterfly Valve – Outlook Ball Valve – Series SV – 2BBC – Butterfly Out shape
The sanitary butterfly valve provides support to a thick medium or fluids that comprise particles. The product presents usability to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical industrial piping and brewing sectors.
Other categories associated with the ball valve series relate to:
- Check valves
- Diaphragm valves
- Valve fittings
- Valve pumps
- Regulating valves
- Relief valves
- Shut-off valves
Things to look out for during Installation
The installation of the sanitary ball valve can be tricky, and sellers recommend a thorough check before use. Key aspects to look at include:
- The valve should provide independent backing and the technique must generate the pressure.
- The installer should identify the arrow direction associated with the full body of the valve.
- The valve set-up must connect the vertical and horizontal pipes.
The Main Materials
The sanitary ball valve comprises the following main materials:
- Body & Ball: AISI 304 or 316L stainless steel
- Seat: Teflon (PTFE), FDA approved.
Product Sizes and End Connections
The product presents various sizes and end connections consistent with the following:
- Tri-Clamp (1/2″ to 4″), most popular
- Butt-Weld (1/2″ to 4″)
- Thread (1″ to 4″)
- LINE ( 1″ to 4″)
Valve Working Pressure and Temperature Range
- The valve presents a working pressure rating up to 435psi (30 bar) and a temperature range between Teflon (PTFE) -4°F to+482°F（-20℃ to 250℃).
The Operational Details
The sanitary valve ball consists of the following operational details:
- 180° Rotary
- Pneumatic Actuator
- Normally Closed (NC) used as air to open and spring to close
- Normally Open (NO) focused on air to close and spring to open
- Air to Air (AA) known as air to open air to close air.
- Vertical type with 304SS material
- Horizontal type with aluminium material
Other Product Characteristics
The sanitary valve ball comprises an electric actuator made of a basic type with an on or off function. It allows for signal feedback.
In addition, the product presents a C-TOP: (1 or 2) 24 – volt solenoid valve with an inductive sensor for on and off regulation. Other characteristics relate to:
Digital sign input named DC 24V+ (PNP)
- Analog signal output called 4-20mA
- Digital indicator output referred to as DC24V+(PNP)
- Positioner IL-TOP used to locate valve position by value setting referring to 4-20 input signal and 4-20MA output return function
- Analog signal input named 0/4-20mA
- Position feedback output referred to as 0/4-20mA, 0-5V/10V
- The supplier named the surface finish Ra 16 ~ 32min (0.4 – 0.8mm) and Ra 32min as a default.
Check Before You Buy
The installer should undertake a review of the product characteristics and check, which includes:
- Product model, design and name
- Nominal diameter
- Flow coefficient
- Nominal and differential pressure
- Valve body and assembly
- Flow attributes
- Temperature setting
- Power supply voltage and availability
- Other accessories
Other structural contents of the valve relating to:
- Valve body and seat
- Actual valve
- Bearing and spring
The sanitary valve ball allows for a small pressure loss, short opening, and closing. If a pump is available, it shuts down immediately and allows for a quiet effect when fluid flow takes place.
The sanitary valve ball allows for a small pressure loss, short opening, and cloThe sanitary valve ball provides a method mostly for large-scale industries to control the flow of fluids from one place to the other.
The valve design allows for tight control of juices with or without particles. The product controls various types and densities of mediums from easy, difficult to sticky materials.
It allows for an automatically controlled environment required by industries within the food, beverage, oil, brewing and other types of companies. The sanitary valve balls themselves clean easily with an added effect to the required freshness.
The product can provide a means to keep the polluted particles from entering the types of fluids and controlling the medium flow of the contents.sing. If a pump is available, it shuts down immediately and allows for a quiet effect when fluid flow takes place.